2.10.2010

s l a c k e r

My bad.

Forgive my lack of posts in the last week. After finding out that we were going to be moving at the end of February- Charlotte and I made an impromptu trip to Calgary to look at houses. After 2 devastating places- we found the perfect home. I filled out the application, gave the guy our security deposit and then went back the next day to sign the papers. It's ours as of February 27th. We couldn't be more happy!

I've since been arranging to have things transfered from our place here to our new place. Changing addresses, arranging for utilities, water, gas, Internet etc...it's kept me on the phone for 2 whole nap times in the past 2 days.

Things are moving slowly on the packing front. I really feel like I want to pack and then when I start packing I think, "oh, I might need that next week" so the packing stops. I need to get over that, because chances are I won't need it and in the end I'll be rushed to pack everything- like our last move.

That being said- I know everything will get packed on time...because I have a lot of helpers this time 'round. We have friends and family on both ends who are going to offering some help. It is greatly appreciated- trust me.

In other news- I'm not buying groceries again until after our move. We have enough food in our freezer and pantry that we should be able to not shop (aside from milk) for the next 17 days. I'll let you know how that goes. I figure the more we can eat here, the less we have to move there...that being said- I will have one LARGE shopping bill once we move. Oh well. That's how it goes.

Ok- well I'm off to do recycling and clear out some room in my pantry for boxes...

Frugally Yours,
Erin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment