5.10.2010

For My Family.

Cystic Fibrosis (also known as CF) is a common hereditary disease which affects the entire body, causing progressive disability and often early death. *wikipedia*

I have 3 cousins with this disease. I am a carrier of this disease.

I received an email from one of my cousins yesterday. It goes like this:

" Hi Erin! I hope you had a happy Mother's Day! Your baby is so cute! I would like to ask for your help with fundraising for CF. Here is the information:

As you know, my sisters and I were diagnosed with CF a few years ago. Although, research has improved the lives of those living with CF, we are still a long way from a cure.

Our friend, Stan Shaw is cycling for my sisters and I this year in Gearup4cf. The ride leaves from Vancouver and finishes in Banff 9 days later. Stan hopes to help find a cure for CF, but cannot do this without your support. You can follow his journey on his blog.

http://gearup4cf2010.blogspot.com/

You can find our story and photos in his journal by clicking on this link:

http://gearup4cf2010.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-real-heros-of-ride-roman-madison-and.html

Donations can be made on the CF Foundation's secure website:

http://gearup4cf.org/index.php?/The-Riders/2009-Riders/Stan-Shaw.html

Thank you for your support!"

I will be supporting this cause because I want to see my cousins live long and happy lives.

I will be supporting this cause because I believe in sharing what little I have with those who need it more then I do.

I will be supporting this cause because it is my family...and I love them.

Will you help by supporting them too??

Frugally Yours,
Erin B.

Frugal Fact:
Supporting charitable events/activities is great and frugal! I fully, 100% support this. Often, if you donate more then $15 you'll get a tax receipt. I'm also a firm believer in 'give some, get some'...I don't know what I'll get, and to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me- but I feel better knowing that I've helped out, even if it is just a little bit. Did you know that the richest people in the world donate more then HALF of their salaries to charities a year. Could you do that? Everyone starts with nothing, the Power of Now is actually going out and doing something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment