12.07.2009

Go Ahead And Jump!

I've had this song in my head all afternoon.

If the title doesn't make something click in your head, then click HERE and it shall do it for you.

What does that song have to do with what I planned on blogging about today??

Absolutely nothing.

And the picture below?...again, doesn't apply at all. I was outside (in -44 degree weather) taking my daily photo for my 365 project and was singing this song- so I....

J U M P E D . . .

And tried to get it on camera. Here is my failed attempt...

*deleted pic...oopsey!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

So...moving on....
Today we had lasagna for dinner- one of mine and the husbands favourite meals. I would also like to mention that my B friend and her husband W also enjoy my homemade lasagna. I like to share so here's my "I-made-it-up-and-it-turned-out-real-good" recipe.

1-1.5lbs of lean ground beef
1 softball sized onion, chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 jars of canned tomatoes- pureed
2 tsp dry oregano & basil
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
9 whole wheat lasagna noodles- uncooked *this is key*
1 medium tub of 1% cottage cheese
Parmesan cheese
Italian Cheese Blend

1. Pan fry ground beef until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and saute until transparent.
2. Add in 1 jar of pureed tomatoes, herbs and pepper.
3. Bring to boil (?) and let bubble until it reduces by half. (meaning most of the juice is gone)
4. Add about 1/4 cup of tomato pureed on bottom of 9x13" pan.
5. Lay down 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
6. Spoon on 1/3 beef mixture, 1/2 cottage cheese, and a TON of parm.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6.
8. Lay down remaining 3 noodles and cover with remaining beef mixture. I always add on some extra tomato puree here to make sure that the top layer is covered.
9. Sprinkle with Parm and the cheese blend.
10. Place in preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 40 minutes.
11. Put oven on broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese.
12. Let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy.

It makes a huge pan, so there is always enough for tomorrow's lunch (for hubby, C and me) and then enough to freeze for a Freebie meal next week...or whenever...

It really is too good to be true...
*tonight I added in some chopped spinach, it was really yummy*

*deleted this one too!*

Frugally Yours,
Erin B.

PS: I do realize that I didn't post my meal plan/grocery list etc...this week...again. Get off my back. It's the last week of classes (yey! I made it) and I have a lot on my plate. It will return next week...I promise...

2 comments:

  1. God bless you for posting the recipe. But hubby always says yours is so much better than mine, even if I follow your instructions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. B- I've given it to you before...

    ReplyDelete