1.25.2010

As Tricia Sees It...

Happy Day!

My Life has forever changed..... as a first time Mom of a 6.5 month old I am really discovering what people meant when they said ‘your life will forever change’. I knew that things were going to change, but I do not think that I realized the true extent of it. As the mother of a breastfed daughter (not sure how long it will last if she keeps biting and holding on – story for another time), who does not like to sleep I really do not get any time to myself.

There are days where I feel ambitious and try to start projects, begin to bake or open up a book… and those are the days that she will nap for 20 min… or spit her soother out every 10min and keep me running…. Or just not nap at all. It is always the days that I put her down and think that she will not sleep long, therefore no point in starting anything, and low and behold – 2.5 hours later she wakes up and I have accomplished nothing. It is frustrating, exciting and baffling but every day is a new adventure.

My daughter is wonderful ~ Her smiles are heartbreaking. Her laughter is contagious. Her kisses are precious. Her facial expressions are amusing. Her heart is uplifting. My life has changed forever and I am so thankful that I no longer have time ‘to myself’ as it means that I am fortunate enough to have an amazing daughter to spend my time with.

……..

In the dwindled ‘me’ time that I have, I like to keep myself busy. Lately I became bored with my usual tasks and ventured out for some new ideas. I came across some AWESOME blogs with great do-it-yourself projects. Here are a couple of my favourites (they honestly have a little bit of everything for everyone no matter what previous skills or talents you have)

Little Birdie Secrets

Somewhat Simple

The Art of Crochet

While They Sleep

My most recent projects have been a crocheted toque with purple flowers(LOVE IT!), a shopping cart cover and I am starting nursing covers. I am thrilled.

………

Last but not least for guest blogger number 1 ~ a little something to make you laugh

**A married couple rushed to the hospital because the woman was in labor the doctor asked the couple, "I have invented a new machine that you might want to try, it takes some of the labor pains away from the mother and gives it to the father." So the married couple decided that they would try this. So the doctor hooked the machine up and put it on 10% of pain switched from the mother to the father and the husband said "I feel okay turn it up a lot more" so the doctor turned it up to 50% and the husband said "why don't you just put it all on me cause I'm not feeling a thing" but the doctor warned them "this much could kill you if your not prepared", and the husband replied "I am ready" so the doctor turned the machine up to 100% but the husband didn't feel a thing so they went home happy with a pain free labor, but when they got home the mailman was dead on the front porch ** (Jokes DB)

** Three men were discussing at a bar about coincidences. The first man said, " my wife was reading a "tale of two cities" and she gave birth to twins"

"That's funny", the second man remarked, "my wife was reading 'the three musketeers' and she gave birth to triplets"

The third man shouted, "Good God, I have to rush home!"

When asked what the problem was, he exclaimed, “When I left the house, my wife was reading Ali baba and the forty Thieves"!!!** (Jokes-DB)

That is all,
Tricia

Thank You SOOOO much to our FIRST Guest Blogger- you did an awesome job Tricia!

No comments:

Post a Comment