1.20.2010

Photo


Contemplating life.
Is it really worth it?
I mean I spend a ridiculous amount of time meal planning, budgeting, shopping, saving and then re-calculating 3 times over to make sure I have it right.
We are financially stable and independent.
We work hard for the money we make and spend it wisely.
Yet, part of me wonders what it would be like not to have to worry about stuff like student loans, a $40/week grocery budget...
I don't remember ever living frivolously.
When I was 18, I worked so that I could party.
I didn't have much responsibility to anyone but myself- I made sure I was happy and healthy.
Now- there is a husband and a child involved, and I feel compelled not to drive us into the depths of credit card debt.
I'm not even sure I could do that- even if I didn't have a sense of responsibility to my family- I'm not sure I could throw caution to the wind and spend recklessly.
But if I could- I might enjoy it for a day.
Just one day.
Because then I'd wake up and realize that I'm smarter then that.

All of that- because of one photo.

Frugally Yours,
Erin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment