1.24.2010

SEX- it's everywhere! *rant*



I believe this song came out when I was in junior high. I LOVED it, but I had no idea why. Clearly- I was completely unaware of the SEXUAL message that it was sending me and all of my young and innocent friends. As a mother of a daughter- can you imagine my fears of her listening to crap like this?! It's frightening, every line in this song is encouraging sex. This one goes down in the books as a song she will NEVER EVER be able to listen too. I've add some commentary...

Get Down On You- B4-4

I will be the one to love and comfort you from now until the day I die. They all say that...
I will take you places that you only think about when you're asleep at night. Excuse me??
Let me take the time to understand and I will SET YOUR SPIRIT FREE. My spirit is fine thank you.

If you get down on me, I'll get down on you. How about NO.
I will do anything that you want me to. Anything? How about jump off a cliff?
It's a game of give and take to make it through. Really? Give & Take? haha...
So if you get down on me, I'll get down on you tonight. No you will not.

When night time turns to day again.
And you are on my mind. He just wants you to believe this...
winter turns to spring and then,
life has past you by. Can you say pressure??
But now we are so young and free. So that makes it ok?
But we're running out of time. NO- you'll have your whole life!
So while we've got each other here. Yes- by NOT having sex!
Let's treat our bodies right. By not having sex!

I wanna know, exactly what to do,
So that you'll never get me off of your mind. Respect my wishes...
Communicate, and I'll go undercover Under my covers??
Gonna make you come tonight, OMG- that is all...
Over to my house, You just added that in so it didn't sound so naughty...

If you get down on me, I'll get down on you, No
I will do anything that you want me to, No
It's a game of give and take to make it through. No
So if you get down on me, I'll get down on you tonight. No

I'm not the type to change your mind, Riiiiiiiiiiight....
If you wanna take it slow. Slow as in- get married first??
No pressure to go all the way. haha- how about you read the lyrics to this song...
Just to the places we can go. Like my parents house...or out for dinner...

Anytime is the right time to reveal it when two people
Fall as deep as you and me, LUST does not equal LOVE
I wanna know every inch of your body, so I can set your spirit free. I don't even know every inch of my body.

If you get down on me, I'll get down on you, I'd rather not
I will do anything that you want me to, How about watching Twilight?
It's a game of give and take to make it through. Whatev...
So if your get down on me, I'll get down on you tonight. What does that even MEAN?

I will be the one to love and comfort you from now until the day I die. They all say that...
I will take you places that you only think about when you're asleep at night. You know that I dream of an all-inclusive resort in Mexico?!
If you open up to me, Open what up? Not my legs...
I'll make you realize the things that you could never see. I'm alright with that...
Let me take the time to understand and I will SET YOUR SPIRIT FREE. I like my spirit where it is thank you.

If you get down on me, I'll get down on you, That doesn't sound like much fun.
I will do anything that you want me to, How about NOT having sex!
It's a game of give and take to make it through. Scrabble is a great non-physical game.
So if your get down on me, I'll get down on you tonight. I'd get in trouble...

Repeat.

Ok- so after that, I must confess, I don't always let my child listen to the cleanest of music. I taught my niece Fergalicious a couple years ago- it was hilarious at the time, but now I'm wondering why her parents didn't kick me in the teeth. As a responsible adult I have questionable taste in music- but I'm more about the beat and groove, and not so much about the message it is trying to convey. I'd like to pass that along to my daughter. As of right now, in her 17.5 months of life, her favourite songs are those with beats she can dance too...I think I'm doing alright.

End Rant.
Erin B.

2 comments:

  1. This is the best post ever!!! I listened to this song not that long ago and also couldn't believe that my parents didnt catch on! LOL Thanks for the laugh this morning, your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! This is one of the most frightening pop songs ever. EVER!

    ReplyDelete